This salad is clean and packed with flavor! It’s a perfect side to almost any meat dish, we served it recently with lemon feta chicken and it was perfect. You can also have it with beef, lamb, or simply on its own for a light lunch! Don’t use rice in this recipe, but you can use barley or pearled cous cous.
Pomegranate Tabbouleh with Mint
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds (I don't have time to waste de-seeding pomegranate, so I buy pre-seeded)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon or lime
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tbs maple syrup (or 1 tbs honey)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the farro according to package instructions.
- Mix cooked farro with chopped salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk salad dressing ingredients together
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well to combine. Let sit in the fridge for up to one hour to allow the flavors to permeate the farro.
- This salad will save for a day or two, but make sure to save some extra dressing to mix in before eating again (the farro soaks up the dressing easily!)