This has been one of my go-to sides for years. It takes honestly less than 10 minutes to pull together, has less than 5 ingredients, and tastes refreshing and satisfying. You can definitely swap Greek Yogurt in for the mayo, and any type of vinegar works just fine.
Simple Cucumber Salad
Prep Time10 mins
Servings: 4 as a side
- 1 cucumber, skin peeled using a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbs mayo (or full-fat Greek yogurt, but mayo is better)
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the peeled cucumber into bite-sized rounds.
- Add chopped cucumber and red onion slices into a medium bowl.
- In a separate, small bowl, combine mayo and white wine vinegar and season liberally with salt and pepper. Add more vinegar or mayo based on if you want the dressing thinner or creamier (I like mine creamier, shocking.)
- Mix dressing with cucumber and onion and serve cold!