I’d like to kick off the travel guide section of my website with a city very near and dear to my heart. Minneapolis is where I was born and raised, and I love telling visitors where to go across our many wonderful neighborhoods. This travel guide contains some of the best of the best places to eat, drink, and see while in town. Enjoy!
Here are the places to eat and drink I recommend in this guide:
• 112 Eatery
• 12welve Eyes Brewing
• Able Seedhouse & Brewery
• Anchor Fish and Chips
• Black Sheep Pizza
• Burch Steak (permanently closed)
• Dalton & Wade (permanently closed)
• Dangerous Man
• Hai Hai
• Handsome Hog
• Kado No Mise
• Marvel Bar
• Modist Brewing
• Naughty Greek
• Norseman Distillery
• Parlour Bar
• Rise Bagel Company
• Young Joni
• Saint Dinette
• Spoon & Stable
• The Lexington
• Volstead’s Emporium
• World Street Kitchen
• Rise Bagel – the best bagels in town, quick service, and a great way to fuel up before a day in the city.
• Runyon’s – my favorite wings in the cities. They also have a great patio.
• Kado No Mise – authentic, expensive sushi that also has a “hidden” Japanese whiskey bar.
• 112 Eatery – some of the most consistent food you’ll ever get, with a lovely atmosphere.
• Young Joni – arguably the best restaurant in Minnesota. Chef Ann Kim was nominated for a James Beard award and for good reason. They serve Asian sharables, pizza, and craft cocktails. You’re not likely to get a reservation, but they take walk-ins!
• Anchor Fish and Chips – large, beer battered pieces of fish served with hot French fries and fresh tartar sauce.
• Hai Hai – selected as one of Eater’s best new restaurants in America. Vietnamese shareables and tropical cocktails in an atmosphere with Instagrammable vibes.
Uptown / Linden Hills / Eat Street
• Martina – my favorite brunch in the Twin Cities, get the burger.
• Black Sheep Pizza – solid pizza spot with a great craft beer list and salads to share.
• Quang’s – cheap Vietnamese spot with really solid pho.
• Burch Steak – an upscale, date night spot with sides and salads that almost outshine the steak. Also a phenomenal wine list.
• World Street Kitchen & Milkjam – these two spots are connected, and I recommend eating at both. Fast casual food from around the world at WSK (+ vegetarian and vegan options!) and my favorite ice cream spot (with Vegan flavors!) at Milkjam.
• Tilia – romantic restaurant with simple yet delicious New American food.
• Naughty Greek – fast casual Greek food but in a cozy, nice atmosphere. They also serve booze.
• Saint Dinette – my favorite restaurant in St. Paul. Great burger and brunch.
• Revival – southern food in MN? You betcha. Fried chicken, a patio, and craft cocktails, need I say more?
• Handsome Hog – Chef Justin Sutherland recently competed and won on Iron Chef! Southern food & lots of whiskey.
• Modist Brewing – my favorite brewery in Minnesota! Also the best food truck is always parked here (Curious Goat.)
• Tullibee – great place to sit at the bar and people watch with a craft cocktail in hand.
• Marvel Bar – speakeasy with incredible craft cocktails (and complementary Cheetos.)
• Spoon and Stable – easily my favorite place for a cocktail in Minneapolis. Sit at the bar and order some snacks off the bar menu while you drink Spoon’s seasonal tonic.
• Parlour Bar – Parlour does great cocktails and an even better burger.
• Dalton & Wade – whiskey fanatics love this place, it’s a little tucked away but worth exploring!
• Tattersall – distillery in Northeast with a gorgeous cocktail room.
• Dangerous Man – great “juicy” IPA beers, next to Young Joni.
• Able Seedhouse & Brewery – large brewery with an equally as large patio.
• Norseman Distillery – creative cocktails served alongside a refined food menu.
Uptown / Linden Hills
• Troubador – my favorite spot in Uptown for wine. Live music every night and so cozy inside. Great for a date!
• Martina – the cocktail program at Martina is out of this world. Their bar is even cooler, if you can get a seat!
• Volstead’s Emporium – speakeasy smack in the middle of Lake Street.
• The Lexington – classy, old-school restaurant serving trendy cocktails (including frose!)
• 12welve Eyes Brewing – solid brewery with a frequently rotating beer list. Right next to CHS field, so a great spot to go before a Saint Paul Saint’s baseball game.
• Hewing Hotel – check out Hewing’s newly-opened-to-the-public rooftop for great views of the city.
• Acme Comedy Club – shows multiple times a week, fun outing with a group.
• Betty Dangers – ride the Ferris wheel and look over the city.
• St. Anthony Main – go over the bridge and stop at the bars along the river.
Uptown / Linden Hills
• Bryant Lake Bowl Date Night – $28 for 2 entrees, 1 bottle of wine (or 4 beers), and 1 round of bowling!
• Trivia at New Bohemia – enjoy a vast selection of craft beers while you play trivia with friends on a Thursday evening.
• Summit Ave – wonderful street to wander and see the gorgeous houses and architecture.
• Saint Paul Saints Game – cheap and more fun than Twins games (in my opinion!) They have a craft beer corner with a huge selection of local, craft beers.