These lettuce wraps are semi-healthy and delicious! The best part is you can make them with whatever meat you’d like OR decide to serve them without meat as vegetarian.
Spring Roll Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- 1 container of butter lettuce or leafy romaine (for the wraps)
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 lb. ground pork, chicken, or beef (you can also do this vegetarian!)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Shredded cabbage, carrots, sliced Persian cucumbers, bean sprouts, chopped bell pepper, mint, limes for serving
- 3 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp. water to smooth the sauce
- Sesame seeds, for topping
- To make the pork (or other ground meat), heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the ginger and cook for about 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the pork and soy sauce and cook until cooked and browned.
- To make the peanut sauce, mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth (you can add little bits of water to make smoother.) Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- I like to get a large platter/plate and arrange all the spring roll lettuce wrap toppings (in the ingredient list above) along with the lettuce, pork, and peanut sauce. Let guests assemble on their own and enjoy!