Creamy Tahini Hummus with Jalapeño Vinaigrette
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 cup tahini (I love the Joyva brand, I get it off Amazon)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- To make the vinaigrette, add olive oil to a small bowl and whisk in diced jalapeño, lemon or lime juice, and salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature while you make the hummus so the flavors infuse.
- In a blender, add canned chickpeas, ice water (no ice), tahini, lemon juice, and whole garlic cloves. Blend on medium until smooth, adding more cold water to make it smoother if necessary. Add 1 tbsp of salt (or more to taste) and blend one more time to combine.
- To plate, spread the hummus in a shallow bowl or plate. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the hummus and sprinkle with paprika and sea salt if desired.
- Hummus will last up to 1 week in the fridge.