This salad is perfect for Spring and Summer! For the dried Israeli couscous, I get the pearled variety of Amazon but most grocery stores carry it. I would not substitute regular couscous here – use farro or barley instead.
Turmeric Chicken Skewers with Herby Couscous Salad
- 1 chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2-3 skewers
Herby Couscous Salad
- 1 cup dried Israeli couscous (pearled variety, I get mine on Amazon but most grocery stores carry. I would not substitute regular couscous here - use farro or barley instead)
- 2 small, Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped herbs (any type! mix and match - I love dill, parsley, cilantro in this salad)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Soak your skewers in water before preparing to avoid burning on the pan/grill. To make the chicken, take the chopped pieces of chicken breast and put on the skewers. Place the chicken on a plate.
- Whisk the veggie oil, turmeric, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over the skewers. Turn the skewers around on the plate to coat. Cover and let sit in the fridge for 10 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, make the salad. Cook the couscous according to package directions. While cooking, mix the cucumber, tomato, chopped herbs, and feta in a large bowl. Once the couscous is finished cooking, add to the bowl with the veggies, herbs, and feta. Stir in 1 cup of arugula to wilt.
- Make the dressing by whisking olive oil, Greek yogurt, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes until smooth. Pour over the salad and mix to combine. I always keep some extra dressing in the bowl because the couscous seems to absorb the dressing quickly and it's nice to have extra later!
- Heat your grill or heat a pan over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken skewers until done, about 15 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the salad and a squeeze of lemon on top! Enjoy.