This is a bright and easy salad with great salty flavor and crunch from the breadcrumbs. It goes with pretty much anything, and I make it often for lunches during the work day. Again, I don’t put measurements on some ingredients below because I think ratio of salad to cheese and other toppings is a personal choice based on preferences!
Butter Lettuce Salad with Olives and Manchego
Prep Time20 mins
Servings: 2 (2-4 for side salad)
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano olives
- Shaved manchego cheese
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Tear butter lettuce into bite sized pieces and arrange on a nice salad platter (presentation people!!)
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add butter to pan, add panko crumbs and stir until they are golden brown, making sure they don't burn (5 minutes.)
- Shave manchego cheese over salad (or just break off in chunks), add olives and some salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing and top with breadcrumbs.