I strongly believe a Spritz a day keeps the doctor away. I started to love drinking Spritz when I studied abroad in Italy, as it is the perfect Aperitivo drink to have with salty potato chips or olives. It’s great in the summer, but there are variations you can make in the winter with spirits like amaro.
- 1/2 cup sparkling wine, Prosecco, or champagne
- 2 oz Aperol
- 1 splash sparkling water, or more to taste
- Orange peel and/or olives if you're fancy
- Add ice to glass of your choosing.
- Add sparkling wine, Aperol, and sparkling water. Stir.
- Add orange garnish and/or olives and top off with more sparkling water (or sparkling wine!) to taste.