Panko Chicken Cutlets with Lemon and Mustard
Prep Time45 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grainy mustard (or dijon), plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- lemon wedges for serving
- Cut the chicken breasts in half to make each thinner. Pound chicken thinner using a meat tenderizer, if necessary.
- Put the flour in one shallow bowl. Whisk the egg, salt and pepper, mustard, and hot sauce in a second bowl. Put the panko breadcrumbs in a third bowl. Dredge the chicken through first the flour, then the egg mixture (shake to drip off excess), then the panko. Place breaded chicken on a plate, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes but up to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Once the chicken has chilled, heat 1/2 cup of the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Once the oil is very hot (3-5 minutes), place in two of the chicken breasts. Brown the chicken by cooking 5 minutes on each side, flipping only once. Do the same with the second two breasts, adding more oil once you remove the first two. Once the chicken is browned on the outside, place on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Cook the chicken in the 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken's internal temperature is 165. Serve the chicken with sides of grainy mustard and lemon wedges.